We all have one of those friends. You know what I'm talking about, right?
I'm talking about the Mom who Facebooks "What a great morning for a 10 mile run!" at 5am, the one who yabbers on about her super important job and going home to cook (from scratch) a totally organic and delicious dinner, the one whose house appears to be spit shined. Her kids are perfect, her clothes are fantastic and she just looooooves being a mommy.
Am I missing something?
A friend of mine and I were talking about this the other day. She asked me if it was weird that her world doesn't revolve 24/7 around her son. Sure, you're going to be a mom until the day you die, but do you have to be 100% Mom 100% of the time?
Who's Mommy's fat nugget?
Listen up, everyone, because I'm only going to say this once. Sure, you can read it over and over as many times as you like, but still. Read closely: I love Blake and I love being a mom but let's be honest. Doesn't everyone want to turn it off sometimes? Am I wrong for wanting to have something else going on in my life? Is it really so bad that I like going to the mall alone and wandering around for no particular reason?
With that being said, I have some confessions to make:
- I don't like when Blake wakes up before 6:30. Can't I at least get one cup of coffee in?
- Sometimes I can't wait for my husband to get home so I can pass Blake over and go sit in the corner to watch paint peel.
- I give all of Blake's outgrown things away. I don't see the point in keeping them.
- I miss being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want.
- I get tired of picking up toys and searching around the house for my hair brush.
- I think women who say they love being pregnant are liars.
- I like Lady GaGa. Wait, what? Who said that?!
But would I change any of this? Not in a million years.
Spill it, ladies. Let's hear your confessions!